As most comforters and duvets are quite challenging to clean, it is essential to protect them by using removable duvet covers. This way, when they get dirty, all you need to do is slip them off and pop them in the washing machine (or hand wash them, based on the instructions printed on the label). Another huge advantage of using duvet covers is that you can change the aesthetics of your room periodically. Anytime you want to spice things up, add a pop of colour to your room with the help of your duvet cover!
While one cannot argue the importance of using covers for your duvet, it is essential to understand that not every duvet cover is ideal for you. As there is a ton of variety available in the market, picking the right cover for your needs can be a little hard. That’s why, we’re here to explain how you can choose the right cover sizes, while also ensuring that you get a product that’s soft, durable and stylish.
Picking the right duvet cover sizes:
Many people think that picking a duvet cover size is a bit of a no-brainer. After all, you just have to pick a size that matches the size of your quilt right? Wrong! Your duvet cover’s size depends on a few other factors such as the type of cover you’re planning to get, and the material it’s made of. For instance:
- If you’re planning to pick a bag style duvet cover, note that the cover itself may be a little longer than the quilt, as it has an open end that must be tucked in This prevents the exposed part of the quilt from getting dirty.
- If you’re buying double embroidered duvet covers, you must keep in mind that such covers have a sewn-in section that create shoulders (which are meant to keep your quilt in place). Thus, using the exact measurements of your quilt won’t work as you do need that extra bit of room for the shoulders.
- If you’re planning to buy envelope style or popper style covers, you can pick the ones that match the measurements of your duvet. However, do keep in mind that the flap of the envelope style cover may require a bit of room to fold correctly.
All of this can sound quite confusing, especially if it’s your first time buying duvet covers. Thankfully, US measurements for duvet covers tend to take cover styles into consideration, letting consumers simply ask for the cover size based on what they know about their quilts or their beds.
What are the standard duvet cover sizes in the US?
Some of the standard duvet cover sizes used in the US include the following:
- Twin size: 66 x 86 inches
- Twin XL: 66 x 90 inches
- Full/Double: 80 x 80 inches
- Queen size: 90 x 80 inches
- King size: 102 x 90 inches
- California King size: 104 x 94 inches
Based on the size of your bed or quilt, you can select products by filtering them by size. This way, you won’t end up with duvet covers that are either too large or too small.
How to ensure you’re always buying soft duvet covers?
Duvet covers can be made with a variety of fabrics ranging from basic ones to ultra-soft luxurious fabrics that need a ton of care. If you’re buying duvet covers for your home, then you need to find the sweet spot right between the two. This is because getting high-maintenance covers may just add to your household chores (and woes!) while super basic ones may feel rough and uncomfortable against your skin. Get yourself 400 tc cotton duvet covers to ensure maximum comfort and relatively low maintenance!
Additionally, if you want duvet covers that are easy to remove but also keep your quilt securely in place while you sleep, then you should pick double embroidered duvet covers.
At Pushplinen, we offer a wide range of 400 tc cotton duvet covers in standard US sizes so that you can easily find your perfect match. Go through our extensive catalog and explore all the options we’ve got in store for you.